Prof. Yiping Zhang
Professor for Visual Communication
- Studied Visual Communication at Shanghai Jiaotong University (China), DFI College of Interactive Media and Communication Art (Germany), and M.A. in Design for Digital Media at University of Portsmouth (UK).
- Professional experience as designer and creative director in Shanghai, London, and Hamburg.
- Won International Young Design Entrepreneur Award by British Council.
- Coordinator and organiser for art and design related international study programmes and institutes in higher education, with over 15 years of experience in various universities across China and Germany.
- Served as Vice Dean of School of Design, Beijing Normal University, Zhuhai.
- Currently Vice Dean of Sino-German Institute of Design and Communiation, Zhejiang Wanli University.
- Editor-in-Chief of Interchange, the journal of transcultural design education.
- Teaching and researching focus: Visual Culture, Digital Branding, Design Methodology in Digital Media, Intercultural Teaching and Learning.