Once you have completed our Master’s course and graduated with a Master of Arts you will be ready to begin your career on the global stage and in any industry where brands touch the hearts of consumers.
Are you ambitious and eager to work with different cultures? Do you have an interest in strong brands like Apple, Mercedes, Mont Blanc, Nivea and Schwarzkopf and want to experience how East meets West, and are you keen to combine theoretical knowledge with the world of business?
Then you’ve come to the right place. Take the first step in your global career with the Brand University of Applied Sciences Master’s course.
Download now: IBM at a glance
- Degree: Master of Arts (government-recognised)
- Duration of Study: 4 Semesters
- Start: Winter or summer semester
- Campus: Hamburg
- Language: English
- Application Deadline:
Applicants requiring an entry visa for Germany: 31st of December and 30th of June;
Applicants NOT requiring an entry visa for Germany: 15th of March and 15th of September.
- Admission requirements: First academic degree, English language proficiency on level B2 of the CEFR, written application and personal interview. For more details, please refer to the application form below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What are our prerequisites?
You need to have:
- A keen interest in international marketing and brand management
- The desire to build up a truly successful global career
- At least an undergraduate academic degree (minimum 180 Credit Points) in any study discipline
- Knowledge of English is mandatory
- Some business experience is recommended
How to kick-start your career?
Build the foundations of a successful and exciting global career and develop an international outlook with our new Master of International Brand Management course. This two year course delivered by Brand University of Applied Sciences provides unparalleled exposure to Western and Eastern ways of doing business.
Power your learning in a unique combination of core and elective courses, taught in English and in an exclusive setting. Collaborating with well-known companies, you will experience business in the classroom and on international projects across different business branches and product categories.
- International Brand Management
- International Marketing Research
- Intercultural Competence I
- Business English for Marketing
- Financial Management
- Corporate Branding
- Intercultural Competence II
- International Product Development
- Elective Module I – Specialisation
- Politics and Law
- International Management
- Sales and Supply Chain Management
- Transnational Brand Communication
- Elective Module II – Specialisation
As a graduate of the International Brand Management course you can choose among a number of interesting jobs in internationally leading companies all over the world.
Your key skills and knowledge will be managing brands on the global stage. Thanks to the diverse practice projects during the course in cooperation with major leading companies and fast-growing enterprises, you ensure practical relevance and give your career a head start.
Graduates of this course usually enter the workplace as international Brand Manager,
international Sales & Marketing Manager, Market Research Manager, or Digital Marketing Manager.
Juliana Mara Ferreira Martins, Brazil,
International Brand Management
Being a student at Brand University of Applied Sciences is great:
The Professors are highly skilled and have long experience in brand and marketing management, plus they are friendly and always make sure students are feeling welcomed.
The facilities are well structured and the staff are always seeking to keep an organic and nice atmosphere at the university. The classes are carefully prepared and taught, I always learn something new and interesting that helps me grow as a future brand manager.
I could see from day one that, applying for a master program at Brand University of Applied Sciences was my best decision as a student.
As a leading state-recognised, privately owned university, Brand University of Applied Sciences is financed exclusively through course fees.
Course fees for students from Germany and the EU:
890,- Euro per month, over a period of 24 months,
1690,- Euro one-off enrolment and examination fee.
Total costs: 23.050,- Euro
Course fees for students from countries outside the EU:
1140,- Euro per month, over a period of 24 months,
2700,- Euro enrolment and examination fee.
Total costs: 30.060,- Euro
Exceptions may be made for students who already have long-term residence permits for the EU.
Students from Beijing Normal University will be granted a discount of 10% (semester fee).
As a private university, Brand University of Applied Sciences prides itself in offering its students an academic environment and individual attention both within and outside the teaching context, something a state university cannot provide. The budget generated by our students’ tuition fees is used exclusively to maintain and enhance our high quality levels.
A number of public institutions and financial services in Germany offer a variety of possibilities for funding your studies. You will find a comprehensive list of funding options at the following website: www.studierendenwerk-hamburg.de
Why Brand University of Applied Sciences?
- Brand University of Applied Sciences is the world’s foremost brand-focused university
- We combine scientific thinking with practical experience
- Our courses are government accredited
- We have a growing network with Asian universities
- We have an experienced team of international lecturers
- We collaborate with globally active international business partners
- Our culture is open, agile and diverse
- One of the ten biggest cities in the European Union in terms of population
- Voted by students as Germany’s best city to live and study in
- Famous as a cruise liner port; each district of the city has a unique character
- Get to know more about our city!
Why should you choose this Master’s course?
Our course delivers knowledge of the global business environment.
Our Master’s course is
Focused on key expertise and skills in the leading business topic of brands
An intercultural community of students and lecturers ensures a global perspective
Combines scientific thinking with practical expertise
A limited number of students ensures a creative, inspiring, familiar culture
The aim is to build an active network for your future
A successfully completed degree involving brands, marketing, brand management or brand communication is a prerequisite for admission.
Furthermore you will need to demonstrate English skills at Level B2 or at least 543 points in the paper-based TOEFL test or 87 points in the Internet-based test; or 5.0 points in IELTS.
You can commence studies in April or October.
As well as your CV and references, a letter of motivation is very important to us as part of your application. We place a lot of emphasis on forming capable, committed semester groups of students who complement and inspire each other effectively.
For more information about the application documents and formal requirements please refer to our application form.
Once we have assessed your application documents positively, our Application Manager Anna Prokhorenko and our Course Director will look forward to getting to know you in a personal interview, where you will be able to tell them about your education and career so far, your suitability for the course, and your personal aims in relation to studying.
If you are successful in this interview you will be entitled to join the course.
Our vision for the Master Programme is to have students from all over the world. Each culture is unique.
Values, preferences, needs, tastes and perceptions – all differ across cultures. The purpose is that the international students come together, learn together and from each other.
BA scholarship programme is in place to give talented young professionals from all over the world the opportunity to apply for our Programme.
The scholarship is valid for the upcoming winter term 2018/19, starting on October 1st, 2018.
The scholarship is off tuition-fee only. The costs for feeding, living and insurances in Germany are not included in the scholarship.
The application requirements
- Successful completion of a six-semester Bachelor Degree programme rated at least 180 credits (ECTS)
- Certificate of an internationally recognized language test on B2 level (e.g. TOEFL Internet- based minimum of 87 points, IELTS exam minimum of 5-6 points)
Application process follows the regular requirements.
You can apply for the scholarship by handing in all required application documents and additional motivation letter, indicating why you would be the perfect candidate for the Brand University of Applied Sciences scholarship.
Application deadline for Non-EU-applicants for the scholarship is June 30th, 2018. EU-applicants deadline: July 30th, 2018.
After we check your application documents and once you meet all the requirements, we will inform you about the further steps.
For more information please contact our International Student Advisor