|Start:||Winter Semester 2022 (October 1st)|
|Contents:||Digital Crafting, 3D Design, Hybrid Products, Material & Manufacturing, User Experience Design and User Testing, Generative Design, Artificial Intelligence, Wearables & Tangible Media, Aesthetics & Perception, Design Thinking & Sustainability, Product Development|
|Credit Points:||180 ECTS|
|Degree:||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)|
|Perspectives:||e.g. as Product Designer, 3D-Artist, Information Architect, Product Director, Service Designer, Creative Conceptioner|
From an idea to a product
The products we surround ourselves with determine our everyday life. What we see, what we use, how we think. And everything started out as an idea. But how does an idea become a final product? What does it take to make it aesthetically appealing, a joy to use, improve life and not burden future generations?
Shaping human-machine interactions
In the Product Design focus of our Brand Design study programme, we teach you the design, technical and strategic know-how that future creatives need in the fields of experimental and applied product design. During your studies, you will develop your own creative profile in designing and modelling methods.
- Learn about user-centric design processes in two and three dimensions.
- Use digital design programmes such as CAD in practical sessions.
- Hold your own prototype produced by a 3D printer in your hands.
- Immerse yourself in digital environments and create digital products.
- Select materials and consider recycling and sustainability concepts from the start.
- Learn to distinguish hypes from true time spirit in order to meet real needs.
- Keep the big picture of a brand strategy in mind and move companies forward with suitable products.